Tuesday, July 31, 2007

August already???? Time for another project!







Ya know... the best way to improve a skill is to practice that skill and surround yourself w/people who are experts in the field. I've been incredibly blessed to have met & mixed with the most gifted needle workers in the Pacific Northwest. My new friend, Sue, is one such talent.

I discovered Sue's blog a few weeks back and fell in love w/one of her knitted FO's (finished objects). She's crafted several versions of Fiber Trends' "Landscape Scarf". My mouth dropped open as I gazed upon it's colorful and masterful beauty.



And then....one day....Sue walked into Yorkshire Yarns. I didn't even give her a chance to pet the yarn before I said, "Hi Sue Knits!" After seeing the puzzled look on her face I decided to let the cat out of the bag. Soon I asked her if I could feature her beautiful scarf on the YY blog as our August project of the month. Not only did Sue say yes but she offered to come and show her many versions of the scarf. She's created the "Landscape" w/beads, tassels, & picots. Seriously, you've gotta see these.

Sue will join us during our Hooks & Needles Club on August 6th from 6pm-8. The pictures shown on the side of this post are beautiful but do NO justice to these drop-dead beauties.

Our crocheted pattern is just as stunning. The model (made by m'girl, Stayce) will be displayed August 6th as well. Stayce's 1st in-shop, crocheted shawl has been on my mind since seeing it back in April. It too is breath-taking. The picture does her work NO justice.



Okay...so don't miss August's Project of the Month. And join us each Monday for Hooks & Needles and get your craft on. :-)


We're reading book 2 in the Debbie Macomber yarn shop trilogy. The book of the month for August is "A Good Yarn" . I've already started reading it. ...oh my gooooooooodness. :-)