Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My name is Sonya Kaye and I'm a LYS owner in Lakewood Washington. Most folks know me as a R&B Christian vocalist . Naturally, the question comes as to why I opened a yarn shop this late in the game. The answer is simple. I love yarn but especially love people. I picked-up knitting again after about 30 years after most excellent friend & author, Shannon Woodward encouraged me to do so.

It's been a year and I've not been able to put down my needles. In addition to knitting I've enjoyed the bond between women who knit. With us there's a sense of goals and accomplishments. We encourage one another. We help one another. We REALLY like each other.

Yorkshire Yarns was born on May 8th, 2007. The name was inspired by my other love of raising beautiful Yorkshire Terriers.

I look forward to developing new friendships while building Yorkshire Yarns. And of course, I hope to strengthen existing bonds as well.